The electric power sanders are the reliable, expeditious, and simplest way to smooth the wood. It is the best way to do the excruciating task easily. There are different kinds of sanders available which have different features. Even though the dust-collection bag or dust port to attach the wet or dry vacuum is fastened along with the sander, it’s still good to wear a dust mask while sanding, painting or varnishing.
Orbital Finishing Sander
An orbital finishing sander is compact tool to use and you can easily handle with one hand. It will not damage the work piece with this sander but difficult to use for heavy stock removal. It is designed to obtain ultimate smooth of wood sanding, molding over sharp edges and sanding off the stiffened wood putty and strip the wood with an orbital sander for better finish. It can also knock down dried coats of paint or varnish.
Orbital sanders are essential power tool equipment in woodworking, furniture building and furniture refurbishment. It can be also used to prepare all kinds of materials undertaken for painting. The sanding is produced by concurrently spinning the sanding disk and also moving it in an ellipse. This secures that every single part of the abrasive material moves in the even path at the rate of two times. This unique random strip the wood with an orbital sander action helps the tool not to leave eddy marks and is not responsive to the direction of the wood grain.
An orbital sander will definitely get the job done better than any other machine using a wide range of speeds and sandpaper grit. The sanding pad has a degree of flex, that helps orbital sander to sand flat ideally or to curve slightly the curved materials like curved furniture or car bodywork.
How to use orbital sanders?
- First step is that you should safely secure the material that you are going to work on, this will give you well finishing and also protects your hand from injuries.
- You can turn on the ventilation feature of the sander to keep your area clean. You should do your work in a well-ventilated room. Sanders with ventilation feature tend to last longer.
- Check whether your hand is held in grip way with the wood and it is placed tightly.
- You should constantly keep the sander moving once it is turned on. If you keep the sander still for too long, it will result in an uneven surface.
- You should stay away from the edges of the material unless you need round edges because this action is likely to damage the sander and do your work effectively with the help of orbital sander.